Blogger Widgets

My October trip to Ulta

Once a month, I get to make a trip to Ulta. It's the highlight of my beauty schedule, and I spend an undue amount of time planning what I will buy. I try to keep it under $20 after coupons, and generally I'm pretty good. This month, I splurged a little. OPI was having a buy two, get one free sale...and can you believe I didn't own any full-sized OPI polish? Until the Ulta opened, there wasn't anywhere around here that sold it. 

The Haul:
Poshe fast dry top coat: I like it...sorta. It seems to get goopy faster than Seche Vite, and doesn't seem to last as long. But it's 3-free, and it doesn't stink up the whole house.
Wet'n'Wild Fantasy Makers in Once Upon a Time
Some whitening nail scrub: didn't work, I returned it.
OPI Malaga Wine
OPI Alpine White
OPI I Have a Herring Problem


I noticed some time after taking these photos that I was inadvertently patriotic with my color choices. Completely accidental.
I am not crazy about the Fantasy Makers. It's cool, but I loathe and detest jellies. There, I said it. I really don't like having to layer nail polish so thick that people ask if my nails are fake. I think if I were going to wear this, I'd layer it over a black cream just for the convenience. The glitter is pretty dense in one coat.

The whitening scrub didn't work for shit and it smelled like silver polish. I think, if I had a mild yellowing, it would have been fine. But my nails are a lovely shade of yellow ochre that would make Bob Ross jealous. I figured it'd be nice to wear some sheers every now and then, but this product isn't going to help me get there. I returned it a week later. I got equally "meh" results from using peroxide+baking soda.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Your feedback, comments, compliments, questions, etc are always appreciated...especially the compliments! ;)

Please don't post a link to your own blog *unless* you're linking to a related post (same/similar technique, theme, shade, etc). If you comment using your Google account, your blogspot blog can easily be found in your profile. If you want us to check out your blog, please contact us through email or on twitter.

Spam, harassing comments, and those blatantly promoting blogs or websites will be deleted.