Blogger Widgets

Finger Paints - Twisted (flakie) - Swatches & mini Review

This was a find...$3.29 at Sally!  It's on eBay for upwards of $15.  That's not why I bought it, but it does make a good find feel even better.  I thought I was satisfying my lust for flakies.  I should have known better.  Now I want MORE!!!


I spent a few days trying to decide what base to use, but wound up going 'traditional'...black.  I used the same old Maybelline I usually use as a black base.  Serious spam...I took so many photos and still couldn't really do this flakie any kind of justice.  At some angles the flashes are blue/green, but it's predominately yellowy-gold/orange.  There's also teeny-tiny glitter and the range of flake sizes is crazy.  It reminds me, and I know this sounds silly, of being a little kid at xmas, turning the dining room and living room lights off and unfocusing my eyes to blur the lights on the tree.













(UGH...bare spot!!!  How did I miss that?)

(obligatory blur)

I was ready to grouch about this stuff chipping almost right away (on the left edge of my index)...but it turns out the nail broke.  Meh.  I needed to trim them soon anyway.  This is about as long as I let them get.

This stuff is HARD to remove.  Even with the Target brush tub, the flakes take a ton of scrubbing.

I wouldn't pay $15 for it (for that price I could probably get one of the NFU Oh's...and come on...no contest), but I'm really thrilled about this stuff.  I need more plain creams to put this over...hmm...

I still feel like crap, so my Thursday adventure post will have to keep waiting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you! Your feedback, comments, compliments, questions, etc are always appreciated...especially the compliments! ;)

Please don't post a link to your own blog *unless* you're linking to a related post (same/similar technique, theme, shade, etc). If you comment using your Google account, your blogspot blog can easily be found in your profile. If you want us to check out your blog, please contact us through email or on twitter.

Spam, harassing comments, and those blatantly promoting blogs or websites will be deleted.